Kes veel ei tea

Soomlastele minust:

Name: Martin Simpson
E-mail: msimpson@hot.ee
Date of birth: August 6th 1987
Height: ~185
Weight: 71+-1kg
Address: Ehitajate tee 78-72 Tallinn or Rähni 34 63303 Põlva, Estonia
Mobile: +37251965979
Status: Single
Education: Tallinn University of Technology, Environmental Engineering, first year

Here comes my long journey to orienteering:
When I was about 8 year old boy, my parents wanted me to take up a hobby. First, I tried wrestling, but didn’t like it. Then I joined orienteering training group in OK Põlva Kobras. I was there about a year or two, I got to know what it is and learned how to ski and run with maps. I wasn’t very motivated and didn’t take part regularly, I hadn’t got used to train so often. So, I quit.
During following years I tried football, shooting, handball and volleyball. And once, when I was again standing on the field without getting a ball, I thaught: Enough, no more team games! Im better individually.
Soon, I joined the orienteering trainings again when I was about 13 or 14, but I was still interested in other sports like skateboarding, snowboarding and BMX . Then I had quickly-growing-taller period and my knees started to make pain, so, I took a break again. When my knees got OK, I got my first results in ski-orienteering (medals in Estonian Championships). I was quite interested in ski-o, but I couldn’t realize why others ski faster than me, althought I run faster than them. As I was a good runner already in the kindergarden and I liked running more than skiing, I didn’t take ski-orienteering so seriously any more.
Then I had a period when I orienteered, skateboarded and snowboarded together. My trainer wasn’t very happy with that. When I realized that I’m not brave enough for making progress in extreme sport, I started to take orienteering more seriously. By then, I was about 16-17. So, I’m a late starter also, but I’ve been always active in sports somehow. Now I’ve found what I really like: orienteering.

Goals 2007:
To get to the Estonian junior team and go to the JWOC in Australia.
To get a lot better places than last year (31st and 32nd)
To train regularly and not to get sick (was injured in October and sick for 6 days in winter)
To get more stability in orienteering.
To get more experience in Finland and other foreign countries.

Here’s my last training week 2.4-8.4 ( pretty easy week after 2 camps)
Mon: 48 min easy running
Tue: 90 min running (40min in a forest)
Wed: 30min warm up, 3x ~1km 3.27; 3.14; 3.20+cooldown. Total 70min.
Thu: 17min warm up, strenght exercises 40min + cooldown. Total 73min.
Fri: 48min easy running (with dog)
Sat: Orienteering competition: ~20min warm up, 77min race+jogging little bit.
Sun: Orienteering competition: ~20min warm up, 31min race+jogging.
Total: 8h

Kommentaarid

  1. Anonüümne10:57 AM

    Your blog is awesome, can't wait until you update it, I want to know what you thought about Australia since i'm an australian and what you thought of JWOC in Dubbo.

    VastaKustuta

Postita kommentaar